Recently, I was asked on Quora; Can you write a poem on yourself?.. I wrote it and posted it there… you can read it here. I hope you have read it 😉
Well, there’s a lot more about me, than just the poem, which is merely an outline sketch…
While a few of my friends who read it said “It’s totally You” , a few more who know a little more about me said “Hey, this is not really you…. you are actually emotional” and stuff like that…. Based on my behaviour and closeness with every other person, they commented on this…. Serious aspects aside, let me tell you a little more about me…
- I am some one who observes a lot and tells it out immediately- I’ve been given with over sensory sense organs.
In one funeral, I stood to a corner and laughed while everyone present there were grieving an old man’s death…. I was the only one to laugh…. Ask why, I was all jobless there and all I did was observing people, their actions and talks… I actually differentiated those “real” grievers from the “fake” criers, who cried without shedding a drop of tear, that too only when someone came…. Understanding my ability to burst out laughing at serious situations, my friend Lallu suggested me to cover my mouth with a dupatta and laugh so that people think that even I am grieving the death of a person…
Similarly, one day , I accompanied my Appa to the Samajam for some event… That Samajam is a hub of Tambrahms of Hyderabad and as soon as you enter there, you can smell Aviyal and Sambar everywhere (even when they are not cooking ya!)…. Appa introduced me to one guy (let me name him S), who was working with some company and was telling that he’d help me get a job and all that…. This guy was wearing a Veshti and as and when he got up and walked I laughed a loud…. When Appa asked why, I shook my hands in a pendulum oscillatory motion…. Well, that guy had tied his veshti so tight that his Butt protruded out and while he walked, it oscillated in a pendular motion (No Offence S and yeah, I am not objectifying anyone here…) It so happened that S’ father was right beside me, gritting his teeth while I told it out!
- I am a collection of Paradoxes- To some, I seem to be serious. To some more I seem to be hilarious…. I don’t know why but I seem hilarious to those who are serious and serious to those who are Hilarious…. Like, am I balancing it?
- I am senselessly sensible- I make nonsense out of sense and sense out of nonsense…. I know I am a nuisance 😀
- I am Emotional and Sensitive- I cry at silly movies, I get annoyed at nothing at all…. But see, I don’t cry for good marks and all like the other girls…. I am sensitive to those things, for which I really need to get sensitised for…. But not for stuff like, when appa sprinkles water on my face in the morning at 9 am, to wake me up, I wipe that water off my face and sleep…. See, I am strong enough to do that… 😛
- I am a Passionate Lover- Of Food and Arts… I am not that passionate lover, like those people who post stuff on Social media like “Who needs a BF, I have my Dog who loves me better….”, “Who needs a wife, when I have my cat here… She loves me much better than any one else” , ” I would prefer marrying my pet any day” and such sort of ‘Love’ly messages and post pix of kissing their dog, cuddling their cat and all that!
- I am not just a Human Resources Professional- I have another profession too…. I am a Human Relations Developer I help people develop relations with strangers, for a lifetime…. That only re, I see matches and create matrimony profiles for unmarried people… Like after searching matches for the past 5 years for my akka, my friend’s parents also started availing my services…. The company people understood my Job needs, identified my true potential and offered me the job of a relationship manager with one of the leading matrimony companies….
See for yourself 😀 😀 😀
- I am Rebelliously Traditional- I almost always roam around in my Jeans and T-shirts… those who see me call me a Tomboy…. For that reason, don’t think that I will wear Pattu pant and Patu t-shirt and get married… I will wear Madisar ok! Jeans Madisar with Denim Blouse and a super cool pair of Nerdy Glasses 😀
- I am an unlicensed Driver- I don’t think I need a Licence to drive people nuts….
- I am a Night-owl- My friends call me a gurkha, because I am up all night and they think that I do a lot of constructive stuff at that time… Actually, I do all destructive stuff at that time… Like writing these kind of posts and all that…. People think I sleep late at night and still wake up early- 11 am – early for lunch 😀
- I am Kind- One of a Kind of species only… I am not kind enough to let my 7 year old niece to eat my chocolate or share my minion toys with her… My toys are mine and only mine!
- I Can’t keep calm,I have Sani on my tongue all the time and not many realise it… Tee hee hee hee…. So, that’s it about me! 😀
Meenu.Iyer A.k.a Aarya